NOTE!!! - PLEASE SAVE IN DOCX AS THE SYSTEM PREFERS THIS FORMAT - YOU MAY HAVE PROBLEMS IF YOU DONT
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Note: It is recommended that you read and then PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS to act as a handy guide to submitting an abstract. Please take special note of the text formatting instructions & submission guidelines below.
TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion in the scientific programs must submit their abstract electronically via the meeting website having regard to the closing dates in the Call for Abstracts and on the Abstract submission site. Abstracts submitted after the closing date of 16th July 2012 will not be considered - NOTE - an extension to 23rd July has been made.
2. The detailed formatting instructions below must be followed for the abstract to appear in the programme book.
3. The title should be brief and explicit.
4. Research papers should follow the format - Purpose, Methodology, Results, Conclusion.
5. Including title, authors (full given first name and family name) and institution, the abstract must not exceed 520 words. In MS Word, this count can be determined from the 'Tools menu'. Any references or acknowledgments must also be included in this allowance. If you exceed this limit the software will NOT allow submission.
6. Oral Presentations will only have electronic PowerPoint support. Instructions will be available in the correspondence sent to all successful authors.
7. The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all papers and posters is at the discretion of the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
8. Tables, diagrams, graphs, etc. CANNOT be accepted in the abstract submission. This is due to the limitations of the computer software program and also problems with publication of them.
9. Please format & submit your abstract according to the below instructions.
10. AUTHORS MUST BE REGISTRANTS AT THE MEETING FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS.
? Manuscripts should be submitted in Word
? Maximum of 520 words (if you have too many the submission will not be allowed by the computer software)
? Use a simple font (e.g., 10-point Times Roman) for text
? Headings should be bold and 14 point and small case letters
? Authors in Italics. Put surname first followed by initials e.g. Irwin S., Suzuki D. Please underline the presenting author. (if you have more than 10 authors, the system does not allow it so in addition to submitting (with less authors) please email abstract to secretariat - see below)
? Please give full addresses of all authors (without titles i.e. Dr etc) after the heading and put in italics.
? Please indicate the name of the corresponding author by an asterisk*.
? The Email of the corresponding author should be included below the addresses.
? Use italics for emphasis
? Do not use field functions
? Please turn OFF your track changes
? DO NOT JUSTIFY the text
? Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar.
? Save your file in docx format (Word 2007 or higher) or doc format (older Word versions).
? Please use no more than three levels of displayed headings.
? Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
? Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed in a separate section before the reference list. The names of funding organizations should be written in full.
? Please always use internationally accepted signs and symbols for units, SI units.
? URLs of all databases referenced should be included.
? Do not include diagrams and tables, the software will not accept them.
? Nomenclature for mutations must follow HGVS guidelines http://www.hgvs.org/mutnomen/
? Nomenclature for genes must follow HGNC guidelines http://www.genenames.org/
SAVING THE FILE
Save the file with the presenting authors surname followed by their 1st name initial; for example Yogi Bear's abstract should be saved as bearY.doc
PLEASE DO NOT save the file with names such as "abstract.doc", "mutation.doc", mutation detectionabstract.doc", please use the presenting AUTHOR name as per above.
TYPE OF SUBMISSION FIELD
There are 3 choices in this field. Please choose:
? Keynote speaker - if you have been officially INVITED to speak at the meeting.
? Workshop - if you are submitting your abstract for review for oral presentation.
? Poster - if you are submitting your abstract for a poster only.
Please enter a short 50 word bio for the Chairperson to introduce you should you be given an oral presentation.
NUMBER OF AUTHORS
The software system will accept up to 10 authors. If your abstract has more than 10 authors, enter the information for the 1st 10 authors and submit via the website as per normal AND SEND ANOTHER EMAIL COPY of the abstract to the secretariat explaining why you sent it. This will ensure all your authors are published in the abstract booklet if your abstract is accepted.
The submitting author of an abstract will ALWAYS receive an automated email confirmation of receipt of the abstract into the submission site. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 24 hours it may mean the abstract has not been received. In this circumstance, please email Ms Rania Horaitis, conference secretariat (email@example.com) to determine why an email confirmation has not been received.